- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from Purdue University, Lafayette, Indiana.
- Master of Science in Structural Engineering from Purdue University, Lafayette, Indiana.
- Permit Engineer for California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)
(1989 – Present)
- Adjunct Professor (Part time) in Mathematic department at Los Angeles Valley community College (1991 – Present)
Community Volunteer Work
- Co-founder of Afghan American Muslim Outreach (AAMO)
- Served as President and Board member of AAMO since its inception in 2006. Currently serve as the President of AAMO in Los Angeles
- Served as an elected CAIR-Nation Board member from 2013 – Present. Currently serve as the Vice-chair of the national Board of Directors
- Co-founder and Steering Committee member of ”American Network of Services for Afghan Refugees in Southern California (ANSAR of SoCal)
- Co-founder of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) in Greater Los Angeles Area chapter. Served as President of CAIR-LA (1996 – 2003)
- Co-founder of Afghan American Cultural Center (AACC) – Served as Vice Chair for 2 years (2018-2020)
- Co-founder of Amena Mobile Clinic benefiting poor and need Afghan’s
- Served on the board of CAIR-California, which oversees four CAIR chapters in the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego.
- Served as CAIR-CA’s board chairman from 2009-2013;
- Served as Board member of Islamic Shura Council of S. CA (2005-2013)
- Served as Board member of Orange Crescent Islamic school (2004-2008)
- Served as Board member of Islamic center of Lomita (1996 – 2000)
Masoud Nassimi is the author of:
- Intermediate Algebra – Textbook has been taught in college
- Introductory Algebra – Textbook has been taught in college
- How to perform Hajj (Step by Step) in Dari language
- Collection of prayers (Duaas) in Arabic and Dari language
- Informational booklets about Kashmir, Kosovo, and Chechnya during their conflicts.
- Masajid security precaution guideline in Dari language
- Co-author of “How to perform Hajj (Step by Step)” in English with Ahmed Sakr